This beautiful and easy shrimp and sweet potato toast recipe by Cooking Green Goodness has our mouth watering – I want thirds! 🙂
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into approx. 1/8 inch thick slices
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados, must be very ripe, halved and pitted
- 16 – 18 shrimp, raw, peel and deveined
- 8 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Place the sweet potatoes on the prepared baking tray. Oil lightly with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes, or until tender and lightly browned.
Meanwhile, sauté the shrimp in a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, paprika, onion powder, and 1 tablespoon jalapeno.
Once the shrimp and sweet potato are cooked, place the flesh of half an avocado on each slice of bread and crush with a fork. Season well with salt and pepper. Drizzle with lime juice.
Top each slice of toast with sweet potato, then shrimp. Garnish with cilantro, mint, and jalapeno.
Tips: You can save time and use precooked shrimp.