PREP TIME 15 mins
COOK TIME 30 mins
TOTAL TIME 45 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups stock (or more; enough to cover the veggies)
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves removed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 lime leaves
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 can good quality coconut milk
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent. Around 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds-1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, stock, lemongrass, lime leaves, curry powder and salt. If veggies aren’t completely covered, add stock until they are covered.
- Cook for 15 minutes, until butternut squash is soft.
- Remove the lemongrass and lime leaves from the pot.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and puree using an immersion blender until smooth.
- Reheat gently and serve!
It also tastes great with a hint of paprika sprinkled on top for garnish. If you’d like to add some chickpeas, you can add whole beans at the end or blend the beans right in to the whole soup, both taste great and are amazingly good for you. Read our post on the nutrition benefits of chickpeas to learn more.
Let us know how it goes in the comments below. Enjoy!
Via: Sweet Peas & Saffron