La Cuisine D’Eli – Check out this beauty: fresh, stunning and so good for you!
Ingredients (for 2-3 people)
for the curry paste
grated zest and juice of 1 lime
3 cm piece of ginger, peeled and grated
4 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 stalks lemongrass, finely chopped
small bunch of coriander stalks, finely chopped
pinch of ground coriander
pinch of ground cumin
1 shallot, finely chopped
2 green jalapeño peppers, seeds included, finely chopped
2 tsp soy sauce
the other ingredients:
400 ml can of full-fat coconut milk
100 ml water
1 large sweet potato (or 1/2 a large sweet potato and 2 regular potatoes)
1/2 head of broccoli
3 red onions
roasted salted cashews and coriander leaves
- Put all the ingredients for the curry paste together and blend them into a (more or less) smooth paste. If you’re very determined, you can use a pestle and mortar. If not, just use a stick blender.
- Heat a bit of sunflower oil in a a deep pan or wok and fry the curry paste for a few minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and water and season with some extra salt.
- Fry the onion wedges in a separate pan on high heat for a few minutes before adding them to the sauce.
- Cover the pan and simmer the sweet potato chunks in the sauce for about 20 minutes or until they can be easily pierced with a fork but don’t fall apart, then take the lid off and add the broccoli florets for an additional 10 minutes (or less if you prefer more bite).
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serve with plain basmati or pandan rice and garnish with some extra coriander and lots of salted cashews!