A beautiful and delicious dish, these rainbow spring rolls by Clem Foodie feature tons of colorful veggies and a lovely spicy peanut dipping sauce. The lime and black sesame seeds really make it. Give it a try!
Rainbow spring rolls and spicy peanut sauce (serves 2)
Spring rolls :
– 8-10 spring roll wrapers
– 1 yellow bell pepper
– 2 small carrots
– 1/2 cucumber
– 2 handfuls of shredded red cabbage
– 2 handfuls of lettuce
– 16-20 fresh cilantro leaves
– 1 tsp black sesame seeds
Spicy peanut sauce :
– 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
– 3 tbsp tamari sauce
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 1 lime, juiced
– 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1. Julienne bell pepper, carrots and cucumber.
2. Place 1 spring roll wrapper at a time in a bowl of warm water for 10 seconds until it softens up. Place it on a damp dish towel and add a small handful of each veggie in the center of your wrapper (do not over stuff). Add a couple of cilantro leaves and a sprinkle of black sesame seeds. Fold bottom over the fillings, then gently roll over once and fold in the side to seal, then roll until completely sealed.
3. Repeat process until all toppings are used. Then cut every roll in half and transfer to a plate.
4. To make the peanut sauce, add all ingredients to a small bowl, and mix well until smooth (add a little bit of warm water is too thick).