I can’t get enough of this cool recipe for avocado ice cream cakes by Lisa Habets. They are so cute and a lot easier to make than you would think. The recipe does call for a little bit of powdered sugar, so feel free to swap that for something else if you are trying to cut most of the sugar out of your diet, like banana. I love the color contrast of the chocolate and the green of the avocado. I think I’ll try these with pistachio mixed into the “ice cream” part on my next batch. Yum!
Check it out and let us know what you think or if you have a similar recipe to share in the comments below! 🙂
What you’ll need:
- 2/3 cups almonds, roasted
- 1/2 cup dates, cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup dried prunes, cut in small pieces
- 2 ripe avocado’s
- zest of a lime
- juice of a lime
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 spoons of powdered sugar
- 300 gr dark chocolate
- 2 spoons coconut oil
- paper cupcake molds
How to make them:
- Crush the roasted almonds small and mix together with the dates and prunes until it’s sticking together. If you see that it need’s to be more sticky, use some more prunes.
- Take the paper molds, and take one spoon of the almond mix and put it inside. Press it really hard so that it all stays together. When you finish, put all the molds in the fridge.
- Mix together the avocado, lime, lime zest, vanilla and powdered sugar until it has a smooth texture. Take the molds out of the fridge and spoon the avocado mixture ont op of the bottom. Place back in the fridge for 1-2 hours until it hardened.
- When you see it is hardened, you can melt the chocolate and the coconut oil together in a little saucepan. When it’s melted, pour again on top of the rest.
- Leave in the fridge for another hour or so. When it’s all hardened, it should be easy to take off the paper mold.