It’s been a few months since I started book clubbing with Rachel Brathen’s Yoga Girl (check it out here if you missed it) and it’s time for another book club book.
Ok, rules of book club:
1. There are no rules.
2. Check the book out when and if you want (there is usually a link to where you can get a copy if you haven’t read it already) and leave a comment/ respond to a comment whenever the spirit moves you.
3. That’s it.
Pretty simple stuff right? 😉
I just wanted to make an easy, inspiring, free form group anyone can join into at anytime, connect, and ideally find some inspiration.
- So this time we’re checking out Elena Brower’s Practice You. Elena is pretty well known in the yoga world and I find most everything she does very grounded, not too woo-woo new agey and yet completely open to whatever spiritual experience you have or need to have.
- Her latest book glides right in with that. It’s not a typical book it’s more of a series of images that serve as a journaling and meditation jump off point.
- You can open to any random page and let it inspire deeper thought and exploration of how you truly feel. It’s hard to realize just how much other people program your thoughts and tell you how you are feeling about this and that, until it starts to crystalize into who and how you feel as if you are. Meditation really clears that stuff away so you can see what is really up.
- I love how simple the pages feel. The water colors are warm and soothing. It puts me in a good mood and sets me into the right place for exploring without judging what comes up.
- Take a minute to look at some of these prompts and tell me if you see what I mean. It’s the kind of thing you could come back to again and again for fresh guidance and inspiration. Elena welcomes everyone to write out what comes up right in the margins like a diary of sorts. That bit is completely up to you.
There’s something I love about being able to let the right page speak to me that day instead of it being linear. That’s hard to completely put into words. It just feels a little mystical like tarot cards or fortune cookies, but in a very, very good way.
Check it out and let us know what you think. Did it help you find clarity? Peace? Beauty? Let us know what you think. ❤